Saturday 16 March 2013

Cushions!

The cushions on our sofa and armchair are really old and worn. I was going to go and get some new covers but I thought I might make lots of different ones using different techniques and designs to make an interesting mix. The first one is finished.


The embroidery is 'Broderie Blanche' and the arabesque pattern was designed by my embroidery teacher David Le Gac. The centre area has pulled threads in each section which are then embroidered. This was our study piece for one of our trimestres. I finished it off with a 'Jour Anciene - Maccaron' around the outside and made it into the first cushion. (Sorry for the descriptions in French but as I have learnt all my embroidery here in France I often don't know the English words for it)!!

Now I have to decide what the second one will be - probably a patchwork/applique.

No comments:

Post a Comment