Tuesday 19 March 2013

Time to be bored? Never!!

When I came to live here almost 6 years ago I stopped working although I was only 49. I had always worked as I had not had any children - to be honest I always thought working full time was a whole lot easier than bring up children!!
One of my colleagues said to me 'Whatever are you going to do all day after being used to working full time? Won't you be bored?' No chance of that.
Today is a lovely sunny day, Ron has gone off to play golf and I have just come back from shopping. My friend Dom phoned early this morning to ask if I wanted to go and do some target practise this morning so he will be here to pick me up at 10.45. Then it will be home for a snack before I'm off to Roscoff for patchwork club this afternoon. Ron and I will meet up agin this evening to eat and fill each other in on the days activities. Most days are similar - we do have days when we actually get to do things together! I think it is important to have our own interests as however well you get on being together 24/7 can be stressful.

On Sunday there was a 'Puces' in a nearby town. It's a bit like a car boot sale but in a hall with tables. This one was especially for all things needlework. There were a few commercial people and then ladies who were selling off all the things in their stash which they didn't want anymore (well we all have lots of things like that). Ron had a quick look around and then said he would come back and pick me up in an hour.

I bought these coupons of patchwork material.



I have my next couple of projects in mind so these will come in useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment