Friday 31 January 2014

More bad weather and......more cats!

The weather is horrible today, more rain, cold and getting windy. I think the forecasters say we are in for another stormy weekend, we will go and sit near the sea (in the car!) as with high tides as well the sea should be magnificent. The weather is a good excuse to sew and today I am concentrating on a cot quilt for a friend here in France and then I need to start on a second for a friend in UK! Everyone is expecting new arrivals at the same time - not good for my quilt planning!

I found a nice pattern for a cat doorstop so I made one for my friend Francoise as she is as mad about cats as I am. I made a second one for myself but donated it to a charity tombola at Christmas. It was won by Christine who is a member of our machine patchwork group and the next time she saw me she was so pleased, she gave me such a big hug. It was such a nice feeling that something which had given me so much pleasure to make was now giving her so much pleasure to have.


No comments:

Post a Comment